AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How is actual CPC Determined with 0 Competitors?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

From my understanding, actual CPC is calculated using the AdRank score of the competitor directly below your AdRank score.

So how is actual CPC determined when there are no other competitors? What is the math/formula for this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How is actual CPC Determined with 0 Competitors?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Alex;
This is a nice question;
The days of no competitors are long over.....   Smiley Surprised I doubt if  a keyword which  has not been used could be found...

The point is not that there are no competitors, but that there is a threshold / minimum ad-rank Google requires for ads (to win an auction and) to be shown. The minimum PPC is determined by this minimum.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So what is the math/formula/specifics used to calculate this minimum CPC when there are no other competitors in the ad auction?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex K
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No one knows.... Google does not reveal this info / algorithm.

[edit] for any keyword the keyword planner should show the historical  (PPC) data advertisers paid for a given keyword. This could be your "first shot"

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
MosheTLV, thanks for the reply. Fair enough. I thought I'd ask to see if this was known. I have another follow up question but I'll ask it in a separate discussion. Thanks again.