AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How - insert Location (from keywords) in the your adwords ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

Conext: I offer a location service. So you can use my site to locate a particular professional e.g. Lawyers. Because these professionals are in various cities I'm trying to figure out the best way to include the location in my adwords ad - to make it personalized. - "Looking for a Lawyer in New York?"

My understanding is that if the keyword list is e.g. 'Lawyer New York'; 'Lawyer D.C."; "Lawyer L.A." etc and I write the ad using Keyword insertion. i.e. "Looking for a {keyword:Lawyer}", when someone searches "Find Lawyers in New York" the ad will read: "Looking for a Lawyer New York", which (grammatically) is incorrect.

Maybe I don't fully understand how to manipulate the ad. If this is the case, should the Keywords simply be "Lawyers in New York" perhaps? or "New York Lawyers" - Does word order matter?

Is there something I'm missing? Is there another way to ensure that location appears correctly in the ad without using DLI (I don't own the businesses in the other cities, and there are too many of them to use Google Places). 

Help please!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How - insert Location (from keywords) in the your adwords ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Recomed A,

I think it's a mistake to try to use DKI to show the location in your ad. There are way too many variables involved. A better option is to use geo-targeting and create a campaign for each location you serve. That also allows you to set different budgets and bid differently for each location.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords