Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How does MCC and billing work?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I manage an Adwords campaign for a client through MCC, is my client able to set the budget from his account for me to be able to just manage it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How does MCC and billing work?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Oswaldo, how are things?

If you give access to an agency through your account ID does not mean that they will take over your billing information, if that's your concern.

They just will gain access to the account, but by that point, everything else is still the same, and billing information will remain intact as your first configured.

They will be able to see and edit some information though, but this is something that you should talk and specify with them.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer. I just retyped my question. What would happen to the budget if I manage a campaign for a client? Can they set the budget for me to manage it?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oswaldo Z
January 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hey Oswaldo, yes, the client can.

The billing information and budget set is on account level, meaning that anything set there will take place over the entire account, for everyone with the right access to manage it.

If your client set the budget and configure all the billing, you can just enter and manage the campaigns, no problem on that Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

How does MCC and billing work?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Leandro,

Just a quick follow up.  I've just set up an MCC account, and want to start adding client accounts.  Are you saying that since I'm managing my client's accounts, then all the billing is done at their adword account?  And all I do is then manage the campaigns and ad spends based on agreed upon spend limits?  I won't actually get a bill for any ad funds spent for all of my client's adword accounts.  Is that right?

I'd rather just have them handle the billing and I run their campaigns.  Appreciate the reply.

thanks

tom