AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How does AdWords Express target my ad to a specific geographic area, say 30 mile radius?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: How does AdWords Express target my ad to a specific geographic area, say 30 mile radius?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi DDowley,

When people search your area for your products or services your ads will appear above or beside the search results.

For Google express campaigns, your business will be also marked with a blue pin on Google maps, which helps make your ad stand out.

Google express is a great way to get started, but if you do setup a Google account with an adwords account (not express), you have an option to setup custom radius targeting which will allow you to set that 30 mile radius or even less if you want.

You can also see see 'dimensions' report which gives you reports on where people are searching from, also your Google adwords account can give you more statistics on your performance of your campaign.

Hope this helps

Royce

Re: How does AdWords Express target my ad to a specific geographic area, say 30 mile radius?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Royce

Thanks for responding and pointing out thee difference between Google express and Google adwords. From your comments it seems to me that Gogle adwords would be a better choice for me then Google Express which is my current setup. I want to be able to control who reads my ad.

How do I change my program from Google Express to Google Adwords?

Thank you

David

Re: How does AdWords Express target my ad to a specific geographic are

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David, 

1st of all so sorry about the Huge delay in replying, are you running Google express campaigns or have you switched now?

Enhanced campaigns is  a big factor now in your online marketing, you need to be targeting customers at the right time on the right device ie mobile or tablet/desktop, hope all is well