AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do you target an ad location at an adgroup level?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you target an ad location at an adgroup level?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do you target an ad location at an adgroup level?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Greg,

Great question!

At this time you can only target ad location at the campaign level. Hopefully with the transition to the new enhanced campaigns they might implement this at the adgroup level. I would suggest doing the following:

Add your existing adgroups into a NEW campaign and this can be done quick and easily using AdWords Express. Then you can set new location targeting. You can also create a shared budget between the two campaigns or separate budgets.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you run into any problems or have any further questions.

Best,

Stefan Martinez
Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Greg,

Great question!

At this time you can only target ad location at the campaign level. Hopefully with the transition to the new enhanced campaigns they might implement this at the adgroup level. I would suggest doing the following:

Add your existing adgroups into a NEW campaign and this can be done quick and easily using AdWords Express. Then you can set new location targeting. You can also create a shared budget between the two campaigns or separate budgets.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you run into any problems or have any further questions.

Best,

Stefan Martinez
Best,

Stefan Martinez
-- Not an AdWords expert, just a student eager to learn more...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;
Geo targeting is set at the campaign level; However, you can adjust your bids for specific  locations within the targeted location;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ohh;  I was looking for a reference for you while Stefan was ahead in posting a reply; ;...Smiley Surprised

Anyway, you got the same answer from two sources....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My concern is creating another campaign will not allow me to transfer the quality score and other statistics. Is it possible to transfer all of this data to my new campaign?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

I wouldn't worry much about the initial QS, since until CTR "kicks in" to affect your real time QS ((1000 impressions for a new KW) - the initial  QS is based on your account history, and other advertisers average QS for a given KW.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Has Google allowed this to be done yet?

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!