Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do you handle Adwords Objections?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone! I am a new Adwords consultant with extensive background in sales.

I've just recently joined a marketing agency as a digital product advisor and my role will be to pitch and sell Adwords services to potential clients.

I was wondering if you could tell me what the main objections you get when you pitch Adwords to clients and how you overcome these objections. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you and it's great meeting you all!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liliane Mia K
November 2016

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

First and foremost you should not term them as objection, that word has a negative ring to it. Its better if you term them as concerns as concerns can be addressed objections are very hard to address. 

Most common concern I have faced from clients is high cost of acquisition, this concern most of the times can be addressed by correcting tracking issues and showing life time value of users acquired from AdWords. 

Another concern from more evolved clients is around cost comparison with arbitrage inventory and I normally address this with a. explaining that scale from arbitrage inventory is largely a push inventory and most of AdWords inventory is a pull inventory. b. Arbitrage traffic can not be scaled on demand as easily as AdWords traffic.

This is really interesting thread and I am looking forward to read others experiences.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Liliane, 

The objection i get the most is about results and how i can guarantee them. I tell them that i cant guarantee the results they could get but i can increase the likelihood of them being successful. 

I hope that helps

regards, 

Zaby

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The most common sales objections i see relate to cost, e.g. "how much is a cost per click?".  I educate the potential client about the most important kpi's and how the cost per conversion, versus the cost per click, is a more productive metric to focus on.  I sometimes walk them through estimating the value of a lead.

Often they don't know that number, and the reason typically is they haven't framed the calculation in terms of a "client longevity" time window. For example, for a dentist three years is a reasonably conservative assumption for average client retention. So it is reasonable to calculate average monthly revenue times 36 as the average value (at the gross revenue level, is usually sufficient) of a new patient. 

Products and services which do not involve repeat sales have more difficult ROI models, and are more challenging to build profitable AdWords campaigns for, although often it can be done. Same thing with lower priced products or services - sometimes it's a fool's errand.

hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nik,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! And yes, I do agree that the term "objection" may not be the best term to use.  I will be putting together a list of common concerns that we get in the next few weeks, will certainly be including your suggestions Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve, 

Great insight! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question in such detail. I am putting together a list of common concerns we get from clients and possible ways to tackle those issues. Would love your feedback once I am done if you are interested of course.

Nice connecting with you!