AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do you get rid of all notifications?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have gone to account settings and turned off the notification settings there but I still get a yellow bubble that pops up all the time.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you get rid of all notifications?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi J_Leicester,

Good question. Is your account set for the new interface? If not, you might need to clear cache and cookies.

Once you do that the notifications are on the right and pretty out of the way. Then you can dismiss them.

Hope that helps. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This was solved in a previous discussion:

Automated Rules for Email Alerts - Which Notification Setting to use?

Additionally, according to this Google Help article:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472728?hl=en&ref_topic=3122862 ...to not receive email notifications, you can check the logs to keep track of when your rules run and what changes the rules have made in your account.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Darren,

I think there is a confusion here.

The "yellow bubble that pops up all the time" mentioned in the question is about the notifications in the interface on the right-upper corner. These are not "email notifications". Unfortunately I do not have a solution to turn them off, I just click dismiss a couple of times whenever I log in.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You can't turn off certain alerts about billing, disapproved ads, and campaign maintenance. You can select a setting within Notification Settings so these don't show in your AdWords account, but you'll still get an email with this information.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I subscribed to this topic open by Leicester hoping that a fix would appear.

One time I had a notification about a keyword conflict which wasn't really there, here is the reply I got on email from google :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Negative-from-an-ad-group-blocking-exact-m...

Then I get a bunch of notifications about "Opportunities" which re-appear even if I dismiss them. Probably google hopes I will apply them , since it suggests adding a few dosen keywords which unfortunately are of no use to me Smiley Happy After the "dismiss" action it says "all caught up" but after relogin, these beauties pop up again.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Yeah even I had the same problem, Only solution at the moment seems to be clicking dismiss whenever they pop up.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Having the same issue with the annoying notification pop-up. Awfully convenient it was placed just above the date range adjuster. 

Google, please allow us to turn off this pop-up. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I have the same problem 4 hours a day everyday, as I manage AdWords accounts for a living.

I will make it a point to complaint about the notification bubbles on the top right every time I talk to a Google Rep. GOOGLE PLEASE FIX THIS.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

A polite way would be to show only "you have new notifications , read more". The way they are presented now, some with red background only alarm the clients for no good reason.

And if an account is managed both by an admin and an MCC , why is the client also presented with the same notification ? What if the MCC admin and the initial admin react on the same notification at the same time ? This is just stupid.