3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do you add a picture ad in ad words? I have an adwords account now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not been able to figure out how to include an adwords picture from my adwords account. Is there something special I need to be doing?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you add a picture ad in ad words? I have an adwords account

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I am assuming that you want to publish banner ads on display network, if that is the case then this article should be able to help you.

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Or - you may be talking about photos of your products - if so these come from Product Listing Ads... where you can send information on your products through a data feed for inclusion - including a photo... why not upload a screenshot of the kind of ad you are talking about and we'll be able to help you better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve,

Here is a screen shot of what I am looking at offering.

Davidrustic lighting ad picture.jpg

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So are those part of the regular ad words or found someplace different?  I may just be overlooking or not understanding it. The whole ad words program has gotten so much more complicated.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Product Listing Ads are essentially ads which use a "feed" from your Google Merchant Center account - and this - in most cases - comes from whatever shopping cart software you are using.

Whilst you can build a feed manually, most shopping cart solutions recognize the importance of Google and have the feeds pretty much ready to go.... but there are quite a lot of things you can do with your feeds, and you can add fields specific to Google PLA so that you can then segment the feed once you re back in AdWords.

It is quite complicated (actually, very....) and whilst you can get it working quite easily - like a lot of "things Google" it takes quite a lot of configuration to get it working well...

Probably the best place to start would be with your shopping cart solution - ask them about Google feeds..... it might well be in your admin back end, take a look through the menus...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks,

Had a feeling it might be more complicated than it seemed.  We use google checkout which as far as I can tell as no place for such a feed. With that being cancelled soon, we are creating a new site with our own checkout that might work with it.

Thanks for your help,

David