2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do i target a specifi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i want to run a basic paid search text ad campaign for a hair salon located in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada. I know what keywords, and ad groups are relevant to this business but i can't seem to add the target city (Etobicoke) to the keyword planner tool so i can present a proper monthly/ daily budget to my client for approval purposes.  How would i go about fixing this issue?

Any help would be appreciated

website of business: http://www.salonallegro.ca/ 

The postal code of this business is: M8Z 1S1

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manny Diaz
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Theresa_Zookis correct, but Google will accept GPS coordinates for targeting.  I would try radius targeting around a GPS coordinate while utilizing a large radius.  If it's a sparsely populated area, very large - enough to include at least one town.  Mileage may vary. 

As far as budgeting, i would determine the average cpc for the keywords in that industry for the nearest metro area; then set an objective for how many clicks per day you would like to purchase.  Bottoms-up instead of top-down.

View solution in original post

The target city i want to run text ads for does not show up on Google Adwords, how do i fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i want to run a basic paid search text ad campaign for a hair salon located in Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada. I know what keywords, and ad groups are relevant to this business but i can't seem to add the target city (Etobicoke) to the keyword planner tool so i can present a proper monthly/ daily budget to my client for approval purposes.  How would i go about fixing this issue?

Any help would be appreciated

website of business: http://www.salonallegro.ca/ 

The postal code of this business is: M8Z 1S1

Re: How do i target a specifi

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

If the city doesn't have enough traffic for the tool to offer an estimate, then you won't be able to use it for that purpose.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manny Diaz
December 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Theresa_Zookis correct, but Google will accept GPS coordinates for targeting.  I would try radius targeting around a GPS coordinate while utilizing a large radius.  If it's a sparsely populated area, very large - enough to include at least one town.  Mileage may vary. 

As far as budgeting, i would determine the average cpc for the keywords in that industry for the nearest metro area; then set an objective for how many clicks per day you would like to purchase.  Bottoms-up instead of top-down.