AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do i set up an campain for a Keyword which is not used by any competitor yet.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All,

How do i set up an campain for a Keyword which is not used by any competitor yet. This Keywords is actually the brand name of our competitor.

I need to get 100% impressions when this brand name is searched. 

What steps should i take or what settings should i user? This will be text only ad.

2 Expert replyverified_user

How do i set up an campain for a Keyword which is not used by any competitor yet.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @BDS K,

If you wish to accrue a 100% Impression Share, you should try using Target search page location bid strategy. It will automatically adjust your bids to enhance the likelihood that your copies show at the top of the page or at least on the first page.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Do you see any ads for the keyword?  If not, it's likely that no ads will show even if you are bidding on it.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Consider very seriously the words posted by @Shanee_Kirk. That's a most likely scenario. If there is a probable traffic you wish to accrue, apply the strategy posted by myself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

At the moment there are no Ads for these Keywords.

Why no ads will show?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For the keywords I have chosen, at the moment there are no ads shown either by me or by my competitors.