4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do i link my exisiting Google+ account to the new Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have an existing Google+ account and today made a new account for Google Adwords. How do i link the Google+ account to the new Adwords account ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: How do i link my exisiting Google+ account to the new Adwords acco

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

To allow social annotations to appear, you don't have to link AdWords account to Google+ (there's no such thing to do), your Google+ page just has to be linked to your website and then social annotations will show up with your ad automatically, when your Google+ page meets the following criteria:-

• Your Google+ page has to have a verified URL.
  • The domain of your Google+ page URL has to match the domain of your ad's URL. This means you can link to different pages, but they should be part of the same website.
  • Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers. For most businesses, this means about 100 followers.

Follow these instructions to link your Google+ page and your website if they aren't already linked. 

Read more about social annotations:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Imad,

I assume your motive is to use social annotations to show Google+ followers with your ads. Google would be able to show this data if you've created G+ and AdWords accounts using the same email address. If you've used different addresses, you can invite the email address (used for G+) to have access to the AdWords account. Link here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6055572?hl=en&rd=1
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

To allow social annotations to appear, you don't have to link AdWords account to Google+ (there's no such thing to do), your Google+ page just has to be linked to your website and then social annotations will show up with your ad automatically, when your Google+ page meets the following criteria:-

• Your Google+ page has to have a verified URL.
  • The domain of your Google+ page URL has to match the domain of your ad's URL. This means you can link to different pages, but they should be part of the same website.
  • Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers. For most businesses, this means about 100 followers.

Follow these instructions to link your Google+ page and your website if they aren't already linked. 

Read more about social annotations:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722132?hl=en

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Thanks for checking in, Ahmed!

I totally agree to that. However, will social annotations appear with ads if AdWords and G+ are created with different Google accounts or log ins?
Sumanth Sridhar

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes, it will as long as they meet the above conditions Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Actually, that makes sense. Linking the G+ page to their website would do. Apologies for the confusion Smiley Happy Thanks Ahmed!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you