AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I use 15second trailer to promote full video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a 9 minute video I want to promote on my youtube channel. 

I want a 15 second trailer to be a video ad for it, when clicked it goes to the full video on my channel.

I was able to do this for the In-Stream ad BUT...On the In-Display Ad I cant make it link to my full video, only the trailer watch page or my youtube channel. How do I link the In-Display ad to my full youtube video.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I use 15second trailer to promote full video?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi James,

Did you read the technical details around In-Stream True View Video ads and In-Display ad formats mentioned in the policy center: 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2679940?rd=2

The table in the above link provides all information related to click destination, video options etc...I would suggest you to read that and see if you are adhering to that and trying implement your In-Display True View video ads.

Pankaj

Re: How do I use 15second trailer to promote full video?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

You can't use the trailer as a Video ad and send users to another full video, that is correct for the In-Display Ad.

The In-Display is basically a banner showing up near watch pages (called Thumbnail which also has a 3 lines of text) and Search results and the second people click on the Thumbnail banner they get directed to the video you selected to be the Ad so they do not see a video as an ad, they see a "Thumbnail banner + 3 lines of text".

For the In-Display Ad , simply select the long video when you create the Ad, because when they click the Thumbnail they will be sent do that watch page.