How do I track "Download" and "Signup" conversions of my Android App?
Dear Google Adwords community,
First of all, thank you very much for reading my post.
I am trying to setup Adwords campaign for my Android app for the first time,
and I need help on how to setup so I can track my "Download" and "Signup" conversions in my Android app.
Here are the details of my setup:
- I have created ads for regular "Display Ads (All features)" and "Mobile app installs".
- I have setup Conversions for "Download" conversions (which is prepared by default).
- I have implement SDK and conversion code for "Signup" in my Android App.
1. Should both of my campaigns' URL be pointing to Google Play (e.g. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id= )?
2. Even if both of my campaigns' URL are pointing to Google Play, will I be able to track both "Downloads" and "Signup" conversions? Some people told me I cannot track if my ads are leading to Google Play instead of websites with campaign code or something, but is that true?
Sorry for asking many questions, but it would be great if I can get help
Thank you very much in advance.
Re: How do I track "Download" and "Signup" convers[ Edited ]
December 2014 - last edited December 2014
Welcome to AdWords Community.
You do not need to setup separate conversion for installs as AdWords automatically track downloads from the Google Play store — no code is needed. Make sure to use your app's URL (ex: "http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=<package_name>") as your ads' landing page.
I believe you are doing it already. So, that's up and fine.
Now for your second conversion, you will be integrating SDK and conversion code to your AndroidManifest.xml file, within the <application> tag and will also be adding code to the event, here signup.
Having said that I assume Sign Ups will get complete in the app itself. Hence, it does not need any integration with your website. This conversion setup is different from website conversion. You do not need to track it from the website. Every interaction happens in the app itself.
Finally to your question, yes both your ads will point to Google Play store and you will be able to track conversions efficiently. However, it might take a period of 48 hours to start reflecting the conversions.
More details can be found here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en
Join me on Google+
About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.