AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I tell what the ID of a product target is?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are passing the product target ID for PLAs as a valuetrack param in our querystrings, and therefore are having these IDs recorded with orders.

However, in the interface, I only seem to be able to see the name, and definition of a product target, and not its ID. 

How do I match up a product target I defined in the interface with the ID that's being passed in the valuetrack param?

Re: How do I tell what the ID of a product target is?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi pgregson

Let me see if I can get someone to help you with your question.

Thanks,

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Liz
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi pgregson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your question! If you want to see the product IDs, you will want to download your data feed from the Merchant Center account. 

To download your feed, you will want to:

1. Log into your Merchant Center account

2. Choose "Data feeds" on the left-hand side of the interface

3. Click on the link to "View data feed." You can see the IDs on this page, but you can also choose to click on the link to "Download data feed"

You should be able to see each of the IDs associated with the different products in your feed here. Feel free to reply if you have further questions about this.

Have a great rest of your day, and happy November!

-Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Liz - 

I do not see a "View data feed" link when I click on data feeds. Where should it be? Should the feeds be uploaded in a certain format so that they can be viewed? 

Thanks in advance for your time

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Zee - 

I can't find the answer to my question in there. We are using txt.gz and txt.zip files which are supported formats. I am able to see errrors but I do not see a "View Feed" option. There is a "Download Feed" option but it is greyed out. Based on what I read, this option is only available right after the feed is uploaded. So I don't really see how it would even have the IDs in there because the targets are set in Adwords. 

Ultimately pgregson and I are dealing with the same issue: we'd like to track and optimize based on Product Target ID, which according to Google Help can be passed in the URL via "adwords_producttargetid". However there doesn't seem to be any place where we can then match the ID back to the product target. 

Can you please assist here? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Liz/Zee - are there any updates on this? 

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 8
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi thexterarcury,

Let me find out more on this issue.
Zee
G+

N/A
# 9
N/A
Hi Zee,

I'm also interested in finding an answer to thexterarcury's question. For advertisers like myself, our feeds are too large to be downloaded from Merchant Center, and this may be the problem that "extera" is running into, as well. Are there any other ways that we can see what the product target ID is? If not, it seems that this value track parameter is quite useless.

Thanks!