AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I stop adds from covering text

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Adwords keeps wasting my budget on completely irrelevant search results. Our company offers investment products, but I see google presenting the ads on searches like:

1) correl corporation has provided the following data concerning an investment project that it is considering the life of the project
2) fox newsuj urh3ipphjqehiph24phfp fkp bg fdi orj n 1h2qe
3) korea investment partners co ltd
4) there is a $45 tax on an $800 scooter how much tax would there be on a $1000
scooter

Google needs to do a better job at protecting advertisers from fake clicks.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helium,

I can understand your problem. Most probably you have added broad match keywords in your campaign & this could be the reason for showing your ads for irrelevant searches.Can you try adding more restricted match type like exact, phrase or BMM. I think this will help you to show your ads to the relevant searches only..

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Simple. No need to go to "SETTINGS". From screen's right corner, tap on the 3 dots, check "Request desktop site". Voilá.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please stop the adds 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

you might be using broad match.

1)first, change keywords to phrase match or exact match

2)after getting clicks observe the search terms and add negative keywords which are irrelevant to your ad.

3)after some days you would get relevant ads mostly...keep on adding negative keywords in your ad group until you get proper relevant ads.

4)my suggestion is to go for less bid/ day until you get proper relevant clicks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Stop sending me adds so fuking annoyed