Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How do I set up CPM bidding?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Josh,

You can only setup CPM bidding when you have chosen the Display Network Only. Once you make a campaign choosing the Display Network only you will automatically get the option of CPM bidding in your campaign setting tab.

I hope this answers your question. If not, I have also given you a link regarding CPM bidding
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en

Regards,
Syed Sayem
Google Adwords Certified Professional

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Josh,

Welcome to The Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

CPM Bidding is Charged on the Basis of Per thousands Impression. and it is used in Display Network Only.

Iit seems that your targeted in Search Network Only. so In order to target CPM bidding first you need to change your campaigns network setting. 

Bidding Option are available in the Setting Tab.

So go to the Campaigns "Setting" Tab. Then Click on All "Capture.JPGSetting Button" just below the "Setting Tab"

Then Come to the Bidding And Budget Section:-

Click on Edit then select Your CPM Bidding.

Capture-1.JPGHoping Your Doubt is ClearedSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Josh,

You can only setup CPM bidding when you have chosen the Display Network Only. Once you make a campaign choosing the Display Network only you will automatically get the option of CPM bidding in your campaign setting tab.

I hope this answers your question. If not, I have also given you a link regarding CPM bidding
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2630842?hl=en

Regards,
Syed Sayem
Google Adwords Certified Professional
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Josh,

Welcome to The Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

CPM Bidding is Charged on the Basis of Per thousands Impression. and it is used in Display Network Only.

Iit seems that your targeted in Search Network Only. so In order to target CPM bidding first you need to change your campaigns network setting. 

Bidding Option are available in the Setting Tab.

So go to the Campaigns "Setting" Tab. Then Click on All "Capture.JPGSetting Button" just below the "Setting Tab"

Then Come to the Bidding And Budget Section:-

Click on Edit then select Your CPM Bidding.

Capture-1.JPGHoping Your Doubt is ClearedSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there

I'm experiencing the same problem. The picture above has the 'Focus on impressions' option displayed, which isn't there for me. I can see everything but the 'Focus on impressions' option. Can anyone help with this. Iv spend days now trying to sort this out.

Many thanks
David

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi David,

Have you selected a Display Network only campaign type?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea

The only option I have is 'Search Network with Display Select' is there a way to just have 'Display Network' only. I have searched for just that option and the closest one is 'Search Network with Display Select'.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
I don't know the way your account is set up but you will have to start a new campaign and then you will see that option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did create several campaigns all with the same result. 'Search Network with Display Select' and in the 'Bid strategy' the only option available is CPC... :-( I really dont know what to do !!!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi David,

CPM bidding isn't available for "search with display select" campaign setting. You need to create a new campaign and select "Display network only" campaign type. "All Features" sub campaign type. then you will be able to set CPM bidding.

I have re-read the conversation and thought to provide you with the campaign type screenshot Me & Shanea are talking about:

Campaign Management 2014-05-02 21-37-39.png

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah ha yes you are right....awesome awesome awesome and there it is.....xxx thanks soooo much