6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I set a language by ad group?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign for my house for sale.  I want to have a single daily budget and two ads, one in English and one in Spanish.  I would like the English ad to be available to all languages except Spanish and I'd like to set the Spanish ad to be just the Spanish language.  I've been trying to set this up but it looks to me like the language is set at the campaign level but I want to set it at the ad group or ad level.  If I have 2 campaigns, I will have 2 budgets which is not what I want.  HELP!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 122elfortin
September 2015

Re: How do I set a language by ad group?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello 122elfortin; welcome;

You are correct; language targeting is set at the campaign level; You cannot set it at the ad-group level. (There are many reasons for that: rational and consistent account structure; setting all targeting methods at one level, consistency in data analysis on the AdWords UI, and also technical reasons.)

The best would be to separate into two campaigns: one targeting English and one targeting Spanish users.

Read more:

AdWords Language Targeting

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 122elfortin
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello 122elfortin; welcome;

You are correct; language targeting is set at the campaign level; You cannot set it at the ad-group level. (There are many reasons for that: rational and consistent account structure; setting all targeting methods at one level, consistency in data analysis on the AdWords UI, and also technical reasons.)

The best would be to separate into two campaigns: one targeting English and one targeting Spanish users.

Read more:

AdWords Language Targeting

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response.  It's not what I want to hear but I'll get over it.  I'll just have to adjust the budget for each campaign once I get some click data.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do agree it is a shame that you cannot set the target language on the AdGroup level. But you can overcome the budget problem using a shared budget among both campaigns. Go to the "Shared Library/Budgets" and create one.