AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I run google ads for my Indian site in google.com USA?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are an indian website called www.indiagift.in. We are trying to target the indian community based in USA and UK. For several weeks we have tried to run ads targetted at these specific geographical location but the ads just dont run. We have tried to bid accordingly, have set the location as USA, have set higher budgets to make for international bidding...But nothing has helped. Is there someone who can guide?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Anjali S,

If you want to target US customers only then the targeting location setting should be like this:

Target: People in my targeted location(US)

Exclude: People in my excluded location(India)

Secondly, you must mention the price in USD and Pound sterling(UK).

So, you need two other variants of website with products prices as per the targeting country.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Anjali S,

If you want to target US customers only then the targeting location setting should be like this:

Target: People in my targeted location(US)

Exclude: People in my excluded location(India)

Secondly, you must mention the price in USD and Pound sterling(UK).

So, you need two other variants of website with products prices as per the targeting country.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Anjali S,

What issue are you exactly facing. Pls explain.

Are your ads approved?

Which network have you targeted the campaigns?

If Ads are approved, Have you checked the Keywords Diagnosis.

PS: You can also directly contact the Google Customer support, as this is account specific query, and we don't have the account access, and can not take.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The target location is set as US and the exlcuded location is India.

Regarding the second point, do you mean we should mention the price of the products on the site in USD? or the bids should be in USD?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The ads are approved. The Keywords diagnosis tool shows the ads as showing but there are no impressions. 

Re: How do I run google ads for my Indian site in google.com USA?

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"The target location is set as US and the excluded location is India."

I assume based on the website that you are only targeting English as a language, and all the ads and KW's are in English? You shouldn't need to add India as an excluded location, just use the "advanced location settings" @Archit cited.

"Secondly, you must mention the price in USD and Pound sterling(UK)."

If the idea behind the business and the goal of the advertising is to reach Indian ex-pats who want to send gifts to family members in India, then the audience is likely comfortable with INR as the currency used on site. If/when you want to move towards shopping campaigns, etc., then currency becomes more of a concern. Of course, if your AdWords account currency setting is INR, then your bids will have to be high enough to compete against USD and GBP.

"The ads are approved. The Keywords diagnosis tool shows the ads as showing but there are no impressions."

When you are viewing the keywords tab, do you see any error messages next to the KW's, such as "low search volume"?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is no error message next to the ads.

When i see them in keyword diagnosis it shows sometimes on top of Page 1, sometimes at botom og Page1.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

Not the ads, the keywords.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, Sir. There is no such msg as low keyword volume.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Hi @Anjali S,

What type of keywords you are using?

An Indian living in US is expected to use India in the search query to buy products from Indian Websites and sending the gifts to his/her relative/friends in India. 

Regards