AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I remove myself from an old non-Admin AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you remove yourself from an old AdWords account you don't have Admin access to?

My Google (gmail) account is linked to an AdWords that is no longer in use by a former Media agency. At the time they granted me 'Standard Access.' I am therefore unable to change or delete myself from the account as I do not have 'Admin Access'.   

How can I unlink my email address from an AdWords account that I don't have the authority to change it, while the Admins of the account no longer work for the particular Media agency that use to manage the account.   

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I remove myself from an old non-Admin AdWords account?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Zach

Contact Google Support to help you out . https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?
Select your Country and call the phone number shown

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Who owns the Adwords account?
Why your account was granted access (initially)?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

As MosheTLV suggests, the simplest way by far is to contact the account owner (even dormant accounts have owners) and ask them to log in and unlink your email address.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

How do I remove myself from an old non-Admin AdWords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has this problem yet been solved? I have adwords read only access to a friends account and now can't seem to remove myself. Any updates?