AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I purchase specific healthcare terms to promote awareness of a clinical trial ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I work at a small biotech start-up. In partnership with a Cancer Center, we are conducting a Phase III (final, pre-market) FDA clinical trial for an immunotherapy to treat a rare cancer, Stage 4 nasopharyngeal. Could we pay for "NPC" and "Nasopharyngeal cancer" as buzzwords, for google to point patients towards our trial sites??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

How do I purchase specific healthcare terms to promote awareness of a clinical trial ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tessa,

Google's policy for clinical trials says it is OK to promote in the USA, however:

Promotions for clinical trial recruitment may not promote prescription drugs or create misleading expectations or effects of a product being tested, or imply that the product being tested is safe.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tessa,

Google's policy for clinical trials says it is OK to promote in the USA, however:

Promotions for clinical trial recruitment may not promote prescription drugs or create misleading expectations or effects of a product being tested, or imply that the product being tested is safe.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Rob. The trial is indeed US FDA approved (and we have one site active in the US, in Houston), but the focus for the patient population is in SE Asia: specifically Singapore (where I am located), Thailand, Taiwan and Malaysia.  We would most definitely not breach any google or healthcare regulatory authority requirements, but simply want to have better visibility, should a patient or their loved one type in NPC or Nasopharyngeal Cancer, into google, and at least know one trial for this quite rare and very aggressive cancer is recruiting.  

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well, you certainly qualify in terms of countries. As long as you follow the ad policy that I quoted, you should be OK.  The same would apply to the site you are sending people to, as will all AdWords policies (there are quite a few).

Sometimes in areas such as medicine there can be a bit of back and forth with Google support to get your ads authorised, and there is the potential for needing to change some wording on your site. Or you could tick all the boxes straight away.