Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I know if I have an MCC account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I need help figuring out how to set up My Client Center.

I've been tasked with managing an AdWords account for the company I work for. I do not want to solely dedicate my personal Google account to this, so after digging around, I've learned that My Client Center helps solve this problem by incorporating multiple Google accounts.

I've seen some "log into MCC" account links, so I've clicked them and have been taken to my AdWords page for my personal Google account. But, I don't remember signing up for MCC at any point. And I don't see any of the options that MCC is supposed to offer from the threads I've read here.

My question is: How do I know if I have an MCC account?

I think once I know if I actually have one, I can begin to sort out the details from there.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: How do I know if I have an MCC account?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi, 

Just to clarify, if you log into your acount and see a tab in green at the top of the page that says "My Client Centre" then you have a MCC account. If you don't see that green tab, you have a regular AdWords account. 

On the other note about creating a new email address if you don't have any other free email addresses, you could always create a free gmail account, if that would help? 

A. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi abockler;

Here you are:

Put it all in perspective with My Client Center

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Abockler,

Couple of notes here:

MCC Accounts are generally created with an email account that is not currently assigned to an AdWords account.  Once MCC is set up using this alternative email address, you can associate any AdWords accounts that you need to manage.  All you do then is sign into AdWords using your MCC email and you can access all associated AdWords accounts from that same login.

You should also see My Client Center in numerous places once logged into an MCC.  If you haven't set one up, chances are you do not currently have one.

The link Moshe gave you will supply the setup instructions.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All of my emails have AdWords accounts associated with them. I am not much interested in creating another new email on top of that because all of the variations on mine seem to have already been taken. 

Short of using MCC, I theoretically could just log out and log in to any account I wish to use. An inconvenient solution, but one I think I'm willing to settle with given the circumstances and knowing more about this process. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

abockle;

You'll have to .

I really sympathize with the point you raised, (happened to me as well), but, at the moment, this is technical issue Google hasn't resolved yet...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Again,

I think every adwords account should have an email address associated with it.  Makes for easy transfers and easy client access that way. 

Also, a thought for you.  If you have a particular, more often used email address - (main email address) - you could create a new email, assign it as an admin to the same AdWords account that is currently associated with your main email address, thus allowing you to release your main email from the AdWords account, which then could be used to create the MCC.  So while you're generally more often logged in with this main email address, you'll be able to access your MCC and all of your accounts without having to log out at all.

IMO, its worth the minor juggling during setup to have all accounts available with one login under an MCC.  You swap accounts using a click or dropdown/select field.   

Just a thought.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi, 

Just to clarify, if you log into your acount and see a tab in green at the top of the page that says "My Client Centre" then you have a MCC account. If you don't see that green tab, you have a regular AdWords account. 

On the other note about creating a new email address if you don't have any other free email addresses, you could always create a free gmail account, if that would help? 

A. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a screenshot taken from a AdWords PHP Migration to OAuth 2.0 , That shows a MCC enviroment. Most answers above are useless.

mcc.png