AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I increase bid by 50% in select states when targeting USA?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

USA targeting Campaign with Bid increments % per state?

I have a National Campaign. How do adjust % per state bid in the same manner I do Bid Adjustment per Ad Scheduling?

I can’t figure this out. For the time being I have segmented campaigns into Regions with alt spending caps and bid increments, however these are duplicate campaigns.

Thanks.

---

Suggestion

Targeted Locations (Expand) 

If (National)

then -> Targeted Regions -> Per Region -> Targeted Locations (States) -> Reach (#) -> Bid Offset (%)

This would be an easy UI solution. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: How do I increase bid by 50% in select states when targeting USA?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Maxroizer,

As per my understanding, it's not workable using automated rules to just increase the bid by 50% for selective states or regions within a campaign.

What you can do is that you can have a separate campaign for states where you want to bid high and then use the bid multiplier using ad scheduling to increase the bids. Just make sure to consider all the possiblities of having a separate campaign in terms of ROI, CTR, avg. CPC etc and how it will impact your future strategies.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Re: How do I increase bid by 50% in select states when targeting USA?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey Maxroizer,

If I understand what you want to do correctly, bidding based on location targeting is not possible.

If you want to do this, I suggest you have different locations in different campaigns...

Campaign 1 - entire USA, exclude region 1,2,3..(the ones you want to increase bids for)

Campaign 2 - target regions 1,2,3..(the ones excluded above)

using ad scheduling, increase bids by 50%

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!