How do I handle a AdWord campaign for products with low search volume
I've read a similar post:
Just wanted to go deeper
To drive traffic and sales to an ecommerce site for electronic components and boards for IoT projects and Hackerspace community. The 2 objectives are:
- Get people to buy stuff
- Get people to sign up - with an incentive of a one-time $10 voucher.
- The target market is in Singapore with only 5mil population
- The products are very niche
- Monthly search volume for most keywords 10-100/month
Hence the search volume is very low. The CTR is about 1-2%, but due to the low impressions, the I'm only getting like 10-20 clicks/day
What I am currently doing:
- Using broad match to the relevant keywords suggested by Keyword Tools.
- Use a lot of keywords in hope that by sheer statistics, the some of those keywords will capture the clicks
- Slowly increasing the Max Bid for the keywords to improve the ranking
- The ad is driving visitors to the category page with the list of products. There is a general description of what these products do and the individual product pages have more details.
- I'm using both the search and display networks, as I have got very little clicks so I'm still far from my daily budget.
What I plan to do:
- Create more a variations of the ads to test which work better. But think this will take time due to the low number of clicks
- Create more targetted ads, which may have even less clicks .. to the individual products
- Expand the list of Ad Groups to target people searching for the hackerspace communities. The group of people who are likely to want our product
- Create another set of banner ads solely for the Display Network
Is there any other suggestions on things that I can do, or do differently, to increase the traffic?
Hope to gain some advise from you all.
Thanks in advance
Re: How do I handle a AdWord campaign for products with low search volume
From my perspective, it looks as though your planned next steps are the ones I would take to improve campaign performance.
Google AdWords Top Contributor