Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I get started

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an air conditioning business and don't have much marketing experience how do I get started

How do I get started

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Since you operate a local business, likely the best way to get started is to setup a locally targeted PPC campaign, using either AdWords Express, or Google AdWords.  A properly configured and optimized AdWords campaign would likely be able to deliver leads more efficiently than other forms of local advertising. But it is a bit of a complex ad platform to go beyond the basics, and there is a definite learning curve.

There are Google Tutorials to lead you through the basics, either on the web or YouTube videos.  This page may help get you started too:

https://www.google.co.in/adwords/get-started/?zd=1

AdWords Express is simpler, but has limitations.  A Google AdWords search campaign would be the best, and gives you more control.  You will need to create an account at Google.com/AdWords, create a campaign, and configure keywords, preferably in an ad group structure.  Then you will need to configure one extended text ad per ad group, and create ad extensions before setting the campaign geography, daily budget, and activating it. 

There is help available here from many experienced advertisers should you run into specific questions. 

hth, and best of luck with your campaign!