AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I gain admin access to my analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client needs to gain admin level access to their Google Analytics account. They don't know who the current admin is, however. Their old marketing company left and no one is claiming admin level access now. Is it possible to identify the admin for the account with the id: UA-38246472-1

Re: How do I gain admin access to my analytics account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In future, please post analytics questions to Analytics forum.

To answer your question, it is not possible. Only Admin user can access User Management. There are only two access level "user" and "Administrator". If you have only user access, you will not be able to check the User Management Screen to see who has Admin access. So, not possible from Analytics.
Regards,
Balu.

Re: How do I gain admin access to my analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
An AdWords representative actually did respond to my request and helped my client gain admin level access to their account. We now have the access we need and Google was very quick to respond and very helpful in resolving this for us. Yes, it's true that if you're a User you can't view the Admins, but it's also true that if you contact AdWords (and have an AdWords account attached to your account) that they can help you gain this access level. Contacting Analytics help directly did not work. I hope this is helpful to other users in the future.

How do I gain admin access to my analytics account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This ISN'T helpful AT. ALL.