2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I exhaust my daily budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm new to AdWords, and have had some success in the last few days. I was initially targeting all of India, but will now focus on individual cities. I have had over 700 new members with an average acquisition of $0.25 per member. The problem is only 10% of my $100 daily budget is being used.

It's a Display Network ad, and I am using images (9 images in total for every ad). My average CTR is .25%

I have been targeting "topics" and not selecting any keywords for Display Network campaigns. The weekly reach shows to be 1M - 5M. What can I do to ensure that my ads are being delivered as intended? Do I just remove all 'topics' and just target the entire city by age? Any help is appreciated

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I exhaust my daily budget?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Given this is a display campaign which isn't spending the entire budget, you'll have to change the targeting. Targeting is based on the business being advertised. You can try one targeting per ad group and create multiple ad groups based on targeting.

I'm giving a generic solution as the business is not known.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth, thanks for your response. I already am targeting the maximum amount of "topics" possible for my business. Do you feel I will reach a bigger audience by removing targeting entirely (except for age)? So it would only be 18 - 35 year old males and females in one city, for example.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sidharth B
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Sidharth,

Targeting as per demo and location may not be effective unless you're looking for a very broad audience. How many ad groups do you have? Are all targeting included in the same ad group? I'd recommend creating one ad group per targeting criteria and include relevant targeting. For instance:

Ad Group1: Display Keywords + Demo

Ad Group2: Managed Placements + Demo

Ad Group 3: Topics + Demo

Ad Group 4 : Interests + Demo

Ad Group 5: Remarketing + Demo

This way you'll have good number of relevant audience to exhaust your budget and also expect results.

Hope that helps!

- Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar