AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I differential between AdWords Manager account and Individual account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created an AdWords account and want to verify if it is a manager account or individual account.

The account was created when I was sent invite to be admin on an AdWords account, and now I am admin on 3 AdWords account using same email id. I have reason to believe this is an AdWords Manager account, as my initial screen onAdWordss asks me to select between the accounts. However, it is not specifying anywhere that this is a Manager account.

Is there a way to differentiate this?

And if this is in fact a manager account, can I create a new AdWords account from within the Manager account?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

When you log in to a individual AdWords account, you will only see that account. You will also see a large red button that says +Campaigns. You cannot create an account from an account, which is why you only see +Campaigns. 

When you log in to a AdWords Manager Account, you will see a dashboard with account names, numbers, etc. You will also see a large red button that says +Account. You cannot create a campaign from the AdWords Manager Account, which is why you only see +Account.

Further, if you look at the very top, next to the Google AdWords logo (left hand top of page), you will see your name or your business name... and the word manager. This is stating it is the AdWords Manager Account. When you look at this same spot with a individual AdWords account you will see the business name... and the word client. This is stating is is the client (individual AdWords) account.  

All the Best,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

When you log in to a individual AdWords account, you will only see that account. You will also see a large red button that says +Campaigns. You cannot create an account from an account, which is why you only see +Campaigns. 

When you log in to a AdWords Manager Account, you will see a dashboard with account names, numbers, etc. You will also see a large red button that says +Account. You cannot create a campaign from the AdWords Manager Account, which is why you only see +Account.

Further, if you look at the very top, next to the Google AdWords logo (left hand top of page), you will see your name or your business name... and the word manager. This is stating it is the AdWords Manager Account. When you look at this same spot with a individual AdWords account you will see the business name... and the word client. This is stating is is the client (individual AdWords) account.  

All the Best,

James

Re: How do I differential between AdWords Manager account and Individual account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Salman,

Just to clarify, if you log into your acount and see a tab next to Google Adwords Logo i.e. Manager and your ID number then its a MCC Account and you can select clients account from the drop down arrow.

Manager-Account.png

On the other hand Individual Account looks like:

individual.png

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Perfect. I just verified the same. Thank you!

Re: How do I differential between AdWords Manager account and Individual account?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome Smiley Happy