AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I determine what my costs will be

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I haven;t used Adwords in a couple of years and I'm just setting up a new campaign but some old tools seem to be missing unless I just can't find them.

I used to be able to type in a keyword and it would show me (based on all my other criteria like area, etc) what my placement would be and what my position would be based on my maximum bid.

I can't see how (or where) that is done... I called tech support and they don't seem to have a clue.

Note that I'm not looking for historical data (because there are no ads yet running), I'm looking to get feedback from Adwords so I can tune my keywords BEFORE I start my campaign. This used to be simple, again , maybe it's just me.

All help greatly appreciated.....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I determine what my costs will be

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Rick,

There have been many changes to the AdWords interface, with additional features available. I assume you're referring to the keyword tool that used to give search volumes, competition and suggested bids for a list of keywords. You can find this functionality in the keyword planner. Here's a video you can watch, for better understanding.

Feel free to write back with questions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How do I determine what my costs will be

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rick,

I think you are talking about traffic estimator tool which used to provide you details about ad position etc..,

But unfortunately this tool is no longer available in Google AdWords. Google has merged keyword tool and traffic estimator tool and replaced this with a new tool called keyword planner.

You can click on the following link to know how to use keyword planner.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770

Thanks,
Rahul