AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I delete or rename a Remarketing list created with Analytics?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: How do I delete or rename a Remarketing list created with Analytic

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Melody N,

With the Audiences from Analytics the rename option is not available as explained here : link

Quote : "To edit a remarketing list:

Open Remarketing Lists for the relevant view, then click the name of the list you want to edit. You can change the view, and the remarketing type.

You cannot change the name, membership duration, or AdWords account associated with a list. If you need to change any of these, you need to create a new list"

Also the delete operation is not available as explained here : link

Quote : "How can remarketing lists in Google Analytics be edited or deleted?
It’s easy to edit existing lists by clicking on the name of the list in the main table. Visitors who have already been added to the list will be removed from the list when the list duration for those visitors expires.

Both AdWords and Analytics save lists for historical campaign reporting purposes, so it’s not currently possible to delete lists -- but often you can simply edit your old lists so they continue to be useful. That said, we are looking into ways to provide better controls for managing lists that are no longer in use such as providing ways to hide or archive old or unused lists.

However the work-around that I use is to close lists using this button , and to filter out the closed lists .

The first print-screen is after you click on a list name in analytics and the next is from AdWords audiences :

analytics-click-to-close.png

filter-open-lists.png

Re: How do I delete or rename a Remarketing list created with Analytic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Don't know anything about it. Can you share more information?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Analytics Remarketing List - How Do I Delete Remarketing Lists? 

Audiences - click on the remarketing list you want to deletem, after you "close" on the bottom right - wait 10 seconds and then a delete button will appear on the bottom right.  To DELETE click delete.  It will permanently delete that data for that remarketing.  Careful with your data :-)  Best of luck - Joe at TicketRaven com