Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I change destination URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to change my web site domain name, but I want to keep all ads as it is. Where andhow do I change it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I change destination URL

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tatyana

You will have to do a 301 redirect to not lose your ad history. If not your ads will be sent to review.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Apart from doing a permanent 301 redirect (which is very important) to the new domain, you have few options to consider:-

1. Either create fresh new campaigns targeting new domain. Reason being that in your account this domain doesn't have any history, so AdWords will start accumulating the data depending upon how you use it to advertise online.

2. If you edit the current ad copies which you are running (inside current campaigns), they will be more or less like a fresh new ads.

You can use the functionality of copy paste (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3400898?hl=en) to create similar campaigns and then edit the ads for their Display and Destination URLs if you want.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where 301 redirect is done? Is it the same as domain forwarding? I have my old domain at goDaddy redirected to new nameserver. Or it issomething different?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Pankaj, in bullet 2 you are suggesting to edit my add but if I do domain forwarding will it be just open my new website?