AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I add an entire keyword group to my existing keyword group?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have created an ad group, and I want to add entire keyword groups from the planner. It just creates a new keyword group. How do I unify them?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do I add an entire keyword group to my existing keyword group?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Josh,
I think you might be at the point where you're ready to start using AdWords editor.
http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwordseditor/

This will help a LOT with managing your keywords and will help in your situation.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am still waiting for a solution for this. That tool is too cumbersome to use and quite ineffective.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Josh,

Adwords Editor is as good as it gets.

and it's not cumbersome at all in truth - it has a bunch of functions that make life a lot easier for campaign managers....

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Josh,
If you're not willing to use AdWords editor (and you WILL be eventually, trust me!), we wrote a slightly simpler application for manipulating keywords that might help:

http://www.redflymarketing.com/internet-marketing-tools/keyword-management-tool/

It's free and can be used to manually build out keyword lists for ad groups and campaigns.

Hope that helps.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the above suggestions which I also find very useful, I made a small tutorial here, tell me if it works :

A) Instead of the default Segment by = "Ad group" Click on "Keywords" to see all your selected keywords, click on the "select all box" ( step 2) and then click on "save to account" ( step 3)

add-keyw-to-account-step1.png

B) add-keyw-to-account-step2.png

C) add-keyw-to-account-step3.png