AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How do I activate an ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Last week, I enabled an ad to run, but I see no indication that the ad is running  based on the graph - no clicks, etc. How do I activate an approved ad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How do I activate an ad?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dirty J,

Did you provide the billing information in your adwords account?Because as soon as you enter the billing details your campaign will go live.It hardly takes 1 day for search network campaign & 2- 3 business days for display campaign.

Go to the "keywords" tab.In the status column hover your mouse over the speech bubble and check the status of your keywords.There you will find whether your ads are running or not.

If your campaign type is search network then you can also use Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Also make sure that you haven't received any account suspension mail from Google.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How do I activate an ad?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Dirty J,

Did you provide the billing information in your adwords account?Because as soon as you enter the billing details your campaign will go live.It hardly takes 1 day for search network campaign & 2- 3 business days for display campaign.

Go to the "keywords" tab.In the status column hover your mouse over the speech bubble and check the status of your keywords.There you will find whether your ads are running or not.

If your campaign type is search network then you can also use Ad Preview & Diagnosis Tool.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Also make sure that you haven't received any account suspension mail from Google.