AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can you budget amount per month

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Trying to establish FY ' 16 Marketing Budget and not sure what to allocate for adwords budget. Does anyone have a suggested "reasonable" amount to gain exposure?

Note: Business is an academically-owned conference center

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can you budget amount per month

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ginna,

Understand budget may vary upon your business type, target market and objectives and goals.

If your main goal is getting exposure, you try to quantify how "much" exposure. That's why i earlier said targeting methods matters.

You can start around from 500-1000 USD. But I think its something you need to understand your business goals and see how much can you spend and how much exposure and awareness you need from this

Re: How can you budget amount per month

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ginna,

I suppose two tools will help you a great deal in this case:

1. Keyword Planner. This tool relates to the keywords you are about to use in your search campaigns: it will give you estimates of clicks, average CPC's, etc according to your chosen campaign settings (geo, language and other).

2. Display Planner. Here again, you choose your settings (but for display, not search campaigns) and get estimates. A bit more complicated to use but definitely helpful when planning campaigns for Google Display Network. 

As @Nisal L mentioned, budgets vary too much according to type of advertising formats, networks, types of businesses, countries, verticals, etc., so it's way better to use the tools (if possible, mix their results with some personal experience) and come up with a number Smiley Happy

Hope this helps!

Milda Prušinskaitė