AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can i setup Google adwords account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had configured Google Adwords acccount for a 2 months ago. It was easy to setup the account. Today when i signed up for creating a new Google adwords account, i could see there are lot of changes in the steps.
Now in the fist step Google is asking for
1 About your business
2 Your first campaign
3 Billing
4 Review
previously billing information i added in the last step. I had created adgroups and ads before entering the billing information.
Now is there any update happend to google adwords after june 2016?
Can somebody help me to configure an account.

Thanks in advance.
jabal

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can i setup Google adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Al Jabal Al Barid A,

Yes, there have been several updates to AdWords so far this year with more coming, too. 

When you create your AdWords account (and set up billing), no charges will be made until you start the campaign. If you do not wish to start one just yet, you can set up the basic for your new account and then pause the campaign immediately afterwards. Then you can come back to it and crank things up when you are ready. 

Further, if you created an AdWords account a few months ago and are now creating another one, you might want to get started with a Manager Account (My Client Center / MCC) that will allow you to manage multiple accounts in one nice dashboard.

Please see if this solves your request for assistance and let us know if you need further help. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: How can i setup Google adwords account?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Jabal,

This change for new adwords account setup has not been introduced in June 2016 though it was updated a long time ago.

You need to complete these steps to setup new adwords account.
1, Mention about your business which you are going to advertise.
2, Create a dummy campaign if you have not drafted it.(can be edited later)
3. Add the billing details and link & verify your card or any other payment method if available.
Here are the payment methods available for adwords, with respect to the billing countries:
https://billing.google.com/payments/paymentoptionfinder

Else, you can skip these steps and add billing later when you are on the very first page of account setup.
There you can see an option as "skip the guided setup" but if you have already proceeded to the next step then you can not skip these steps or go back and unfortunately you need to complete the setup.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’