AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read this paragraph in GCP 

"Local businesses such as furniture stores, car dealerships may create a campaign for each region, and within each campaign, create a different ad group for each city or metropolitan area they cover. If you're running a promotion in a specific city, you might create a campaign targeting that city only."

I can't target specific location In my AdGroup setting, 

they notify me to change the all camapign setting to target language or location ...

So, How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can i create an ad group to target specific city ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello mdwahaab

Correct;

As quoted ("If you're running a promotion in a specific city, you might create a campaign targeting that city only")  - Geo- targeting setting is at a campaign level; (not at ad-group level)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV

But google said " within each campaign, create a different ad group for each city or metropolitan area"

How can i do this ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Can you please post the link;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author mdwahaab
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You are correct; this is an erratum.

This language might be misleading".. and within each campaign, create a different ad group for each city or metropolitan area they cover"

It should be rephrased as: "..and within each campaign, create an ad group /ad groups for The city or metropolitan targeted".

I will refer the erratum to Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can i set up google adward?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, when studying the support materials I also understood that you could organize your account as in the following example:

• Account: Multinational
  • Campaign: France
  • Ad Group: Paris

But when you play around with the platform you soon realize you can't set Location Settings at an Ad Group Level.

"Local businesses such as furniture stores, real estate developers, or car dealerships may create a campaign for each region, and within each campaign, create a different ad group for each city or metropolitan area they cover. If you're running a promotion in a specific city, you might create a campaign targeting that city only."

Here's how I would rephrase it:

"Local businesses such as furniture stores, real estate developers, or car dealerships may create a campaign for each region (city or metropolitan area), and within each campaign, create one or more ad groups which will contain ads that will be targeted according to the campaign's location settings. If you're running a promotion in a specific city, you might create a campaign targeting that city only."

Kind regards,

Gordon James Campbell