AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I trigger a pause of campaign when a call is placed from add extension?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I trigger a pause of campaign when a call is placed from add extension?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Yamarat,

Welcome to the community..!

Can you please explain why do you want to pause the campaign, when a call comes from ad extension?

Re: How can I trigger a pause of campaign when a call is placed from add extension?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am on the phone and cannot take another call. When I am finished talking, I will restart the compaign.

A second part of this question is:  

How can I pause/start a compaign  from my web-page or from a desktop program? Is there an API for that?

Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Yamarat,

How many phone numbers do you use in your ads? Are you using one phone number in your ads and another one for your ad extension?

You can directly pause or resume your campaign from desktop (manually).

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404259/?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using  the phone extension with ad group.  The ad only alows to make a call, not to go to the Web site.   

So, when I get a call, I want to pause until I am finished talking on the phone.  

I know I can do the pause/restart from the Google Adwords regular browser interface.  But  I'd like to have a button on my Web page to restart the campaign, instead of having to login to the Adwords account to press that one button.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Yamarat,

I don't know your business so don't know how many calls you can expect per day. But the chances are rare that the phone will ring continuously from the moment you enable call extensions.

The only solution which comes to my mind is creating two campaigns. One with call extension and one without.

Run the one with extension, once you get the call pause that and enable the other (without extension).

Sorry I don't know how to acieve this objective using API or some other technique.

But the need for all this exercise will depend upon how many calls you get from your ads, and how long you spend with a customer on call once you get a call.

Based on theses statistics, please take a decision.

Info

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni

Even a change directly in the AdWords interface isn't an immediate pause so you would probably be off the phone by the time it did pause.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Adwords interface is expected to be slower than an API call.  

Adwords interface is based on API calls, too, but many more than one I'd be using to only set  on/off  for one compaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. I'll report here if I find a way.