1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I start using Google Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I can take my business to the top with google adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I start using Google Adwords?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I wouldn't really put much effort into getting to the top: the most important thing you can do is get yourself an effective, profitable campaign.

Remember that although you'll only get (approx.) 25% of the clicks in position #3, the cost to you will be much, much lower. That means making mistakes is easier, and those mistakes will tell you what to refine out of your campaigns. Doing that will improve your CTR - and since Google rewards you for doing this, you'll also have the benefit of saving money.

Once you've worked out how much you can afford for a click, that is to say, you've determined how much you're making on each click, and you've determined how much profit you need - that's the time to scale upwards and head for #1.

That's if you even need to!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rodillos,

In addition to the great point received Gemma, yes..before coming to top positions in SERP, you have to see what is your adverts onbjective, then take decision to come on top.
In order to analyse what positions give better ROI you have to implement conversion tracking code in thank you page.
As top positions does not alwsay give you the positive result. Some keyword performs at top position but some keywords perform at low positions(3-5).

Moreover you can also see the Top/others report in Segment tab and see which ad ad slot is good for you.

However in AdWords you can not see the which positions gives you how many clicks?

Thus you can use Google ananlytics to see the Ad positions:-

Go to the Advertising>Adwords>campaign>keyword>ad position.

In this way you can find the best performing positions of keywords that help you to met advertising objective.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Excellent stuff, Rakesh, thanks for sharing.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks GemmaSmiley Happy
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’