6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I set up MCC?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I set up MCC on my account? Chat support said that I could have MCC and Adwords on the same account. Now they say I can't. Now account is set up wrong. And chat support has no clue.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I set up MCC?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Purr,

If you've already set up an individual AdWords account to run campaigns, you'll have to create an MCC and link your AdWords account to it. Steps to link here. You'll have to use a different email address (not the one you've used for the individual account) to create an MCC, as an email address can be associated to one AdWords account only. Feel free to write back with questions.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's what I told support and they said it could be on both. I need to get MCC on my current account.

Can I delete adwords, then add MCC to this account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just canceled my account. I've been trying to get MCC set up for two days. I'm getting different answers from support. Cancelled.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Firstly, an MCC account is just an umbrella account to hold multiple client accounts and hence you wouldn't be able to run campaigns in it. So you'll anyways need a child account letr to run campaigns, though you'd be managing it from your MCC. Hence, cancelling wouldn't help in this case, as the log in email wouldn't change. I'd suggest creating a MCC, then linking this account. If you'd like ot have the same log in email for the MCC, there's a way to do that, but a little complicated. However, let me know if that's the case. I'll be happy to guide you through.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes I know about MCC. I was told by support it can be on the same account.

So you are going to say:

- Create another account
- Change the email from this account in adwords
- Then create MCC with this account

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Yes, that's the only way to change the log in email of an account. I'm not sure why Google support said it can be on the same account. However, we can think of alternatives, if you could explain what you're trying to achieve.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I need a MCC account and an adwords account.

I need an MCC account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need my MCC account to be my current main account that already has adwords linked to it.

Re: I need an MCC account

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

Good morning and welcome to the AdWords forum.

It sounds as though you're saying you want to create an MCC using an email address that is already linked to an AdWords account?

If that is so, you need to create a new Administrative login for the AdWords account with a different email address. After you have done that, you can log in with the new Admin email and password and remove the original email from the account.

Once the original email is no longer associated with the AdWords account, you can use it to create your MCC login.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*