AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I promote my YouTube Channel through Adwords?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My business is my channel and I want to use Adwords to promote that channel, to get visitors to view my travel videos and to subscribe.  I understand the basic concept of Adwords and next to some of my videos there is the suggestion to "Make an ad for this video" but I don't understand how adding three lines of text in a video campaign is going to drive people to actually view my videos and hopefully subscribe.  My videos are actual trips or walk-throughs of well-known and not-so-well-known landmarks that visitors to San Francisco can view, learn about and be encouraged to participate if/when they visit The City.  Each day I post a video of a particular landmark that I personally visit and show them what it is all about.  If I add a three line text to my "Walk Through Conservatory of Flowers" -which offers just a walk through and closeup views of the flowers and exhibits without conversation or narration- I wonder if it wouldn't be better to make a separate video that takes snippets of several different landmarks and through voice over describe the scenes and invites the viewer to visit SF and to subscribe to my channel for more insightful landmark videos.  Is that the more preferred option rather than just point to one of my videos and through Adwords include three lines of text?

I did follow-through and created a campaign late yesterday through Adwords for the Conservatory video which now notes it is to start tomorrow stating it is "not yet serving" and the words "approved" but there is a small bubble that says "Issues with Conservatory Ad 1".  Does that mean my video has issues or that the video doesn't really promote SF or my channel or is the bubble just a place-holder in case a reviewer finds issues that will curtail the start of the campaign.

Personally I think it would be wiser for me to create a specific video of promotion and have that video run along with the Adwords before other YouTube videos.  I think I've see ads like that or full fledged commercials for a specific brand or product.  I think that is the more professional route and something I would want to pursue, I just don't know if that is acceptable. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Re: How can I promote my YouTube Channel through Adwords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Cary,

You should try Adwords for video: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375425?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hello;
Start by linking your channel to Adwords, and follow the other sections of the learning center, on the various campaigns available to promote your YouTube channel:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3063482?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Cary,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. In addition to the already great advice given by Moshe & Sanne, I suggest you check out Engagement ads. Engagement ads on the Google Display Network let advertisers connect with consumers across the web with visually rich, immersive experiences – and advertisers only pay when someone chooses to engage with their ad. This sounds ideal for the situation you described. You can find out more about Engagement ads on this link: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2013/12/engagement-ads-for-everyone.html

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually this doesn't solve my problem and you shouldn't have forced a "solved" on me. As previously noted I am linked to AdWords and they soundly rejected my campaign for punctuation that wasn't used "Please remove the non-standard, gimmicky or unnecessary punctuation..." - and there was NO punctuation. I'm allowed three lines: a headline and two more lines to try and catch a viewers eye or to lure them to my videos. Nothing was improper.

Again, is there any other service that I can use outside of AdWords? Aren't there any third party services that would help promote my Channel?

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Cary,

Just to clarify: any Community Manager, Top Contributor or the person who initiated a post (i.e. you) can set Accept as Solution if they feel it answers the question. 

Regarding your original issue, it looks like the AdWords Support team sent you a notification that your ads are now eligible. 

For your last question, we cannot offer any suggestions for any third party services to promote your Channel. Feel free to do a Google search for other potential ideas on how to promote your Channel.

Thanks,