AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I prevent that 2 campaigns overlap each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

My client wants to launch 2 GDN and YouTube campaigns at the same time, with the same target audience and the same region. 

Is it possible (with campaign exclusions) to prevent that any user will see both campaigns?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can use frequency capping and ad scheduling... but these are still not going to absolutely prevent the same audience from seeing the campaigns since targeting is set to the same audience. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
August

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can use frequency capping and ad scheduling... but these are still not going to absolutely prevent the same audience from seeing the campaigns since targeting is set to the same audience. 

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If your campaign targeting is duplicated between campaigns, then why two campaigns? What is the ultimate goal you are trying to achieve? There may be a better solution that the community can help you with. Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: How can I prevent that 2 campaigns overlap each other?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
they are two different campaigns with different creatives and goals. It's
just a massive target audience.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Might be worth looking at experiments and effectively set it up as an A/B test.

This article explains it all here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1745152?hl=en

you can easily run reports on how each of them performed against each other  as well then to see which funnel performs.

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I don't mean to be disagreeable, but if there are two different objectives, then these should be two different campaigns.

Yes, every business has "one massive (potential) target audience". But, if this audience is segmented enough to warrant two campaigns, then clearly - There are two different advertising goals to each of these campaigns/audiences. Yes, audience settings apply to the campaign level first, but if all other targeting factors overlap, then you can apply targeting down to the adgroup level.

Like @James_Clemens said - There are campaign level targeting options that are only available at the campaign level, but - That alone doesn't resolve the issue, in regards to over-lapping campaign targeting options... 

So, what's the goal, and which creatives are you using?

Remember, this is a community of professionals. No one has any secret sauce, or intellectual property here. Smiley Happy You can feel free to speak your mind and have a conversation captain!

Tom