Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I link two Adwords accounts?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good day

The owner of the sites added me to their Adwords account, but for some reason they can't see or access the campaigns I set  up or the changes I make. I can't see the billing changes they made or any of the other information. It looks like we are working on two separate accounts.Smiley Surprised

How is that possible - they add me to their existing account and did not create a new one? How can we bring these to accounts together? I tried to delete my account so that they can invite me again - but as soon as I log in - I get an error stating that I already have an Adwords account?

Please help!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I link two Adwords accounts?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

I had a similar problem when i added a new co worker to my MCC account.

What you need to do was told to me by Google Help Support.

1st create a third email account and make this new e-mail the admin of your adwords account and after doing that remove the access via the third e-mail account of your adwords account. By this way your email will not be related with any other Adwords Account and they will manage to add your e-mail account properly.

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zelda, a quick question... are you actually running an MCC (My Client Centre)?  An MCC is the only way you can manage/access multiple Accounts under a single login and from what you've said it sounds as though you do have two separate, individual Accounts.

Are you running an MCC?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

No, I am not running an MCC - just a single account where the owner wanted to give me access to his Adwords account. Now it looks like we have two separate accounts for some reason...
Is there any way we can merge the two?

Zelda

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I will try that immediately - thanks!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Make sure that the owner granted you access to a different email than the one you use for your own Adwords account

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
HI Zelda,

It sounds like you have created 2 separate accounts. Your account number is in the upper right corner of the AdWords UI. Compare your number to the number of the owner's account.

When you get the invitation to join an account, on the page you go to after clicking on the link in the email, you need to indicate "I already have an account", otherwise it creates a new account. I sure wish they would make a dedicated page for accepting account invitations. I answer this question very frequently.

If you want to use the same email address as the one in your new account, you'll need to remove it from that account before you can use it in a different account. I've posted here many times how to do that. It's not exactly simple, but it's not too hard either. You just need to be careful when doing it.

See if you can find one of those posts.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords