1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I learn adwords by myself?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, How can I learn AdWords by myself? What book and videos could I read and watch? I used to work in a SEM group and learned how to optimize the search campaigns and found it so interesting. Unfortunately, I quited that job because of some reasons. Now, I want to learn more about AdWords, about RM & Display ads. Any book and video recommended? Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 娅 苟
October 2015

Re: How can I learn adwords by myself?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @娅 苟, how are things?

There's an official material from Google that you can access by going and registering to Google Partners over http://www.google.com/partners

From there, you'll have access to every study material, as well as the possibility to take exams and prove your knowledge.

You can always rely on this community also. We have great experts and tons of interesting discussions every day, so feel free to join and ask us anything Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the reply. I will learn more on the partners and also join you guys here. SEM is so interesting and I hope I can know it and work for it more and more. Thank you, dear expert.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And Dear @leandrofm, how can be more sensitive to data and AdWords? I quitted the former job because my boss needed someone more professional and experienced. I just graduated and never knew SEM & AdWords before. After two months in that SEM group, I was suggested not to continue to do it because of the sales season was coming and company required more efficiency and effort. So, is there any suggestions you could give to me to learn better, or it does need some talent or gift for data analysis? Thank you in advance. Floria from China

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hey man,

You don't need special talent or gift to work with that. I think that as people, we can't do abou anything we want as long as we keep hard study and practice. Of course some people handles some matters easily than others, but that doesn't mean that we can't do that specific thing.

Specially for SEM, I think that the most important thing is to keep practicing. Although Google offers official and very good material for people to study, you'll be seeing just the theory of it. Managing accounts, testing things, learning from your erros, learning from your success and keep studying is what I think turn people into good SEM professionals.

There will be mistakes, there will be success on campaigns and you just keep going. Although Adwords is just one tool, a lot of people can achieve the same results by going into different methods. By managing accounts and practicing, you will be able find the best method of work for you.

Don't keep your last job as a hard thing on thinking "I was not good enough for the job". For me, they could have trained and prepared you to manage their accounts for sales season, and if they didn't prepare for that, maybe you're better of them. That's my thinking Smiley Happy

You can try to grab some freelance Adwords accounts to handle, or even manage an account for your own to test it out or maybe to someone in your family. Test different things, learn how to set Conversion Tracking on websites, try to increase conversions inside the account using ADwords best Practices and so on.

The most important thing, Adwords is a vast tool and you'll have much to study, so be eager do learn, but give time, as you'll not learn everything that is overnight Smiley Wink

Hope this helps Smiley Very Happy

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click