AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I join the AdWords Community and learn more as a beginner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I join the AdWords Community and learn more as a beginner

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deviprasad,

Welcome to the AdWords community.

As a beginner I would suggest starting here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

Feel free to ask any questions you may have on the forums and a number of professionals will be more then willing to help you out.

Good Luck

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Deviprasad

Welcome to Adwords Community.

Since you are a beginner i would recommend you to create a Google Partners account

and there under certifications you can find all the study material chapter wise.

the matter is explained in very detail.

that will be a good point to start.

Good Luck.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I agree that you should start a partners account. I would then also join the Google Partners Community. I would read and watch everything you can find. You will find articles that contradict each other, so it's important that you find a mentor and ask a lot of questions. Everyone has their own tips and tricks that make them successful.

Learn learn learn. I've been in this for 10 years and I'm still always in learning mode.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Deviprasad,

Clynton, Eshan and Shanee have all offered good suggestions. In addition to those, I would suggest reading through the questions and answers here in the AdWords Community. There is a lot to be learned from others' experiences.

You can also sign up for Google AdWords Webinars which are really helpful. Here's a link: http://www.google.com/ads/experienced/webinars.html

Last but not least, I would suggest reading industry blogs to familiarize yourself & stay up to date with industry happenings and news.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deviprasad,

Welcome to the community!!

It looks like you are in an excellent community (this one) and an excellent place to learn more. Start with the links given already. I can't think of a better place to begin learning than with those resources and in this community.

Now, learn how to manage AdWords, what to avoid and start applying the lessons learned as soon as you can.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Deviprasad,
These are all amazing suggestions and I have two more to add:
1 - The Google AdWords YouTube Channel is great for video learning: youtube.com/adwordshelp, and
2 - You can always contact AdWords Support and they can answer any questions you have over the phone, email, chat or live video call.