AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get rid of and adwords account FOR REAL?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As usual Google userid/passwords breed like rabbits. I had the unfortunate experience of having Google create me and adwords account that I did not want ( answered the **bleep** questions ). I cancelled it and now I cannot accept an invite to join as an admin to the account I actually wanted to get into. How can I ACTUALLY DELETE THE UNWANTED ACCOUNT!!!!

I already have 4-5 google userids/passwords. It is crazy keeping up with all of them. I probably don't need to explain the ugly problem of clicking on invites (for another account) when logged in as a different one in your default browser (that is how I got the **bleep** adwords account I didn't need). I am ticked as usual with this kind of odd behavior). So, bottom line - how do I get rid of a CANCELLED ADWORDS account - that I cannot now use to accept an invitation to another adwords account. I do NOT want to create another GOOGLE Account.

You would think that CANCELLING AN ACCOUNT would also Disassociate a userid from the **bleep** account.

Jack

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I get rid of and adwords account FOR REAL?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello there;
You could argue about the reasoning, and whether Google is correct or not. However; technically, the account is not unlinked or deleted from the AdWords product. (There are reasons for that.)
Thus, to access the other account, you'll have to use another Google account. These days, with the multi sign in option, I dobt find it that disturbing (as was in the past when you had to logout and login).
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’