AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get my campaign to "ONLY" show Ads on Desktop Computers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running a successful campaign, but I see there are a large number of clicks coming from mobile and tablet devices.

I (only) want my ads to show up for people that are on Desktop Computers.

I don't see where I can turn off Mobile & Tablet devices.... and (only) show up on Desktop Computers.

Could someone help get me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How can I get my campaign to "ONLY" show Ads on Desktop

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chris,

Are you using the enhanced campaigns? You can see this if you look on your campaigns tab and if you created them recently it's likely that you are.

On enhanced campaigns you are only able to set a mobile bid multiplier which can prevent your ads showing on mobiles but you won't be able to prevent tablet traffic unfortunately.

To set your bid multiplier go to the setting page of your campaign then you should be able to see "change mobile bid adjustment" under devices. If you click that and the click beside mobiles (under bid adj) you can set this to -100% which will prevent it showing on mobiles.

Desktops and tablets traffic can behave quite sililarly so I think this is why they have grouped them together lilke this.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it fixed up. I'm happy to help.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Chris,

Are you using the enhanced campaigns? You can see this if you look on your campaigns tab and if you created them recently it's likely that you are.

On enhanced campaigns you are only able to set a mobile bid multiplier which can prevent your ads showing on mobiles but you won't be able to prevent tablet traffic unfortunately.

To set your bid multiplier go to the setting page of your campaign then you should be able to see "change mobile bid adjustment" under devices. If you click that and the click beside mobiles (under bid adj) you can set this to -100% which will prevent it showing on mobiles.

Desktops and tablets traffic can behave quite sililarly so I think this is why they have grouped them together lilke this.

Let me know if you have any trouble getting it fixed up. I'm happy to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adam! I'll do that right now.

I wish I could turn off Tablet too... but for now, I'll just let it be :-)

I'm sending people directly to an Amazon Product, so I know people would be ready to "BUY" moreso on a desktop than other devices.

Wish me luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
CRAP!

I just went to that area and put in -100% and it said that I MUST put in a positive integer :-(

Any other ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, wait... I think I just have to change it to "Decrease By" and then put in "100"

And then it'l show -100%

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni

No problem. Glad I could help a bit.

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This two-year old thread has been closed to new replies.

Should you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

Thank you.