AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get full blown Adwords account access??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Google Adwords account. No problem. I can use the Keyword Planner and other Tools just fine. 

My account uses my own gmail address and password. 

I am trying to help someone set up their own Adwords account that they just signed up for.  

When I try to go into his Adwords account to set things up for him I get this beginner's screen that has NO access to the Keyword Planner or any of the Tools. It just has a screen where you have to set your daily limit and enter some other info with ONE button that says Save and Continue (or something to that affect). 

Anybody know how I can get to the regular Adwords interface under his account? 

What's with this newbie screen inside Adwords that one cannot seemingly get around? 

Anybody else encountered this before? I have Googled and Googled and searched all over and have found nothing on this. 

I would set some info up and hit the Save and Continue button but apparently doing so starts his first campaign such that the add created through that beginning screen must be approved and then start showing up. I don't want to do that. I want to do some keyword research using the Keyword Planner under his account but I can't even get to it!

Any insight or help to figure this out would be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

Carlos

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos G
September 2015

Re: How can I get full blown Adwords account access??

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

The program is designed to walk new advertisers through the required basics of setting up a campaign, before bewildering them with the full array of options the interface offers.

Go ahead and enter the information it's asking for. You can enter a small spending cap (say, $1), create a basic ad, select a couple of obvious keywords, etc. You should be allowed to skip the "enter billing information" step (which means the ads won't start serving.)  

Once you've gone through those four or five screens, you'll see the full user interface.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Have you been granted administrative access to his account?
Follow the instructions here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Carlos,

I need some more info?

Are you using your login (access given by other) or the Adminstrative Login.

Can you please provide a screen shot what you see when you go to keyword Planner tool? For that you should reply via "Full Reply Editor" and then you can add screenshot the message.

Let me see those first and then I would be able to provide you answer for that.

Cheers,
Rupesh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carlos G
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

The program is designed to walk new advertisers through the required basics of setting up a campaign, before bewildering them with the full array of options the interface offers.

Go ahead and enter the information it's asking for. You can enter a small spending cap (say, $1), create a basic ad, select a couple of obvious keywords, etc. You should be allowed to skip the "enter billing information" step (which means the ads won't start serving.)  

Once you've gone through those four or five screens, you'll see the full user interface.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Theresa,

Your input is in line with what I am experiencing...however there is no option whatever to skip entering the billing info as you suggest.

Rather than wasting more time trying to get around Google's useless constraints (in my case at least) is there a way for to totally bypass this limited view of Adwords and get into full account access?

I don't appreciate needing to create a useless ad just to try and get past Google's attempt to "help" me.

I want to first do careful and detailed keyword research and to take my time creating various ads before having to launch my first campaign.

Any further input would be appreciated. This is very frustrating.

Carlos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe.

I have complete, unrestricted access to this persons account. They have given me carte blanche and are letting me use their own credentials to log in.

So not having privileges is not the problem.

Carlos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Here is a link that shows exactly what I am seeing -> www.futurewhisper.com/1172/how-to-quick-start-with-google-adwords/

HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS CRAZY CORRALING BY GOOGLE???

I do not want to be coralled and forced into my first Adwords campaign before I am ready?

HOW DO I GET PAST THIS INTO FULL BLOWN ACCOUNT ACCESS???

Is this just a way for Google to force money out of my pocket before I am ready to spend it?

This is ridiculous and INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING.

If I have to I will just tell the person that I am trying to help that I can't work to help him under his account and that he will have to come under mine which has full access but I don't want to do that if I can help it.

Anybody?

Carlos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Carlos G,

Go ahead and follow Theresa's suggestion. Go through the steps, and try the keywords section blank, if you can or else add a phrase.

Once you get past those starter screens go to the ad you just created and pause it. You can now go to the Keyword Planner without worrying about a useless ad potentially being show as it is paused.

George

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Carlos,

As far as I see from the screenshot in http://www.futurewhisper.com/1172/how-to-quick-start-with-google-adwords/, it just required you to set up your billing preferences, but did not ask you to put in your credit card information. Therefore, your ads won't be running immediately.

Secondly, ads usually go under review. So you can just create a test ad and click pause immediately.

Another suggestion, you can also use your existing account to research the keyword before creating a new account.

I hope any of the solution above works for you.

Regards,
Arvilla

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

#1 - You don't need to input your billing information. Setting preferences is not the same as entering billing info.

#2 - Breathe deeply. Smiley Happy  It's a software program. You can't circumvent it or get around it. While I agree it can be a bit annoying, it's not that big of an issue. Just move through those few, required steps and then you'll see the full interface.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*