AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get a list of my keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to revisit an old ad campaign. How can I get a list of the keywords I used, including negative keywords, so I can study it? Actually, the list is under the keywords tab, but when I click on the box to select everything, it selects 50 columns! I want to copy/paste only the keywords. Also, I can't find the negative keywords I used anywhere. Where are they?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I get a list of my keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi''

You can go to keyword tab and select all and click on Edit- Copy and paste those keywords in a separate ad group, It will only copy the keywords.

Also you can follow this link to find negative keywords https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Hi David : Here's clarification on how to do it

Keywords :

1) Go to Keywords Tab
2) Adjoining Search link - you will find a download button - it will download all keywords with stats.

Negative Keywords
1) Go to Keywords Tab
2) Scroll down - and under keywords - you will get a link of Negative Keywords
3) Open it - then you can download Negative Keywords on basis of ad groups / campaigns.

Hope it clarifies your query.

Regards,
Zippinder

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks to both of you. Actually, though, what I had in mind was pasting to a spreadsheet. Over "all campaigns" I have 11 screens of keywords. It will be a lot easier for me to scroll down one spreadsheet than to try to flip through 11 screens! Plus, if I have only the keywords and none of the other stuff, I can add a column or two in order to sort them.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
As Zippinderpal S said, you can download all keywords by selecting all rows across all pages. Also, you can download them to a spreadsheet, just select a proper report format. Same applies for a list of negative keywords.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This doesn't work for me. I am able to select all of the keywords. I am able to Edit > Copy, which does not put the keywords on the clipboard. Then I am able to create a new ad group. But I can see no way to paste the keywords into the keyword list of the new ad group and from there copy to the clipboard! I hope someone answers today.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Zippinder, I don't see an "adjoining search link" or a "download button". Please reply.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2014. AdWords advances rather quickly and there have been numerous updates and changes to AdWords since 2014. Outdated information help no one and conversations from years ago should not be revived.  

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.