AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I access a third party business account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been sent an invite to access a third party account. I've followed the links and when I go to login, it says that I already have an account and I can't move any further.

Any help most appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How can I access a third party business account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

If you followed the steps, did the person who invite you also completed the steps ahead i.e. by granting access to your email address or not?

Also, make sure that the email address you are using to get the access is not linked with any other Adwords account, otherwise you will have to use some other email address to get the access.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/71163?hl=en&

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj... I'll double check to make sure they've done it at their end.

I've only recently created my account, so it's not linked to anything else... well, not that I can see anywaySmiley Happy

Will let you know if I have any other probs - thanks again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mish, to add to Pankaj's reply, each Google account can only access one Adwords account, unless they are managed under an MCC (My Client Centre).

Can I ask why you're being invited to access the account?  If it's to act as a consultant or manager for that party, it would be in your interest to do this via an MCC since this is the correct approach for such situations.  I might also add that I often have problems accepting invitations under my MCC, and find it easier to request a link using the clients CID.

What is an MCC?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jon,

I see where you're coming from, but even when I try to set up my own client centre, it's coming up with an error saying that my account is already linked.

Think I will need to disable my account and maybe start again.

Appreciate your advice.

Mish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hola