AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How can I Geofence a specific location for my AdWords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to run a campaign and I want the campaign to target specific locations within a given latitude and longitude, let's say Heathrow Airport. I understand this a geofencing and geotargeting advert but I don't know how I can achieve that within Google Adwords or any other Google service. Please, I need a guide, anybody who can help.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

How can I Geofence a specific location for my AdWords campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can go in to the "advanced features" of locations and then go to "location groups" and search for the location you are interested in.

Re: How can I Geofence a specific location for my AdWords campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a product and website I only want to make available to consumers in 1 metropolitan area so I have set up a Geofence so that anyone that comes from an IP address outside that area's identified zip code gets redirected to a parent product site.  I've been told I can't purchase Google adwords/PPC because my site is not "global".   Is this true, and is there a different way in which I can keep visibility and access to my site contained to a metropolitan area and still participate in PPC/Google Adwords?   I'm not looking to circumvent Google rules (and get blacklisted) I'm just wondering if there are legitimate ways to accomplish my goal.