4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How automatic are Dynamic Search Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently I am constructing ads for for Dynamic Search.  That is going well but.....Please correct me if I am wrong but some how I got the impression that with Google Dynamic Ads you did not necessarily have to create the ads your self.  That Google would crawl your site and match look ups with content from your site.  Is that true?  Thanks, Jim

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How automatic are Dynamic Search Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jim,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

In Dynamic Search Ads, Google will create ads' headlines automatically based your users' search query. It will also find the most relevant landing page by itself automatically. But, you will need write rest of the ads yourself. You can also edit display URL. 

dsa.png

Learn more about creating ads for DSA here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3249700?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Jim,

You'll have to make the best use of Description lines 1&2 in DSAs and include appropriate auto targets (URLs) for the look up to be effective. Headline & destination URL are dynamically changed by the AdWords system, based on users' search.

Hope that helps!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ratan Jha. I appreciate your response. Jim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sumanth: On my dynamic ad I have clicked the radio button allowing Google to choose ALL targets instead of my picking major categories. Are auto target URLs different. Are they the ones where you put tags on the end of page URLs?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You can use specific pages (URLs) as Auto targets, if your website is structured that way. Else you can use all targets, in which case AdWords system would pick up the best one based on the search.
Sumanth Sridhar